There are numerous golf courses near Portpatrick including Dunskey golf course which is practically on our doorstep; the 9-hole Portpatrick Dinvin, also at Dunskey; Wigtownshire County Golf Club just around Luce Bay from Portpatrick; and Stranraer Golf Course, only 7 miles away.
The Dumfries and Galloway Gateway to Golf Pass is your passport to great value golf on a choice of 25 Dumfries & Galloway golf courses. The pass also allows you to choose to focus on one of three golf trails - the Tiger, the Challenge or the Little Gems - devised with golfing ability, time and budget in mind, or you can mix and match the trails to suit your itinerary and preferences.
Participating courses: Brighouse Bay; Castle Douglas; Colvend; Craigieknowes; The Crichton; Dalbeattie; Dumfries & County; Dumfries & Galloway; Gatehouse of Fleet; Kirkcudbright; Langholm; Lochmaben; Lockerbie; Moffat; New Galloway; Newton Stewart; Portpatrick (Dunskey & Dinvin); Powfoot; St Medan; Solway Links; Southerness; Stranraer; Thornhill; Tongland; and Wigtownshire County.
- Portpatrick Golf Club is probably the most complete golf facility in south-west Scotland. Founded in 1903, it offers not only the championship Dunskey course, but also the par 3 Dinvin course and practice facilities. And of course, all this with its stunning views towards the Mull of Kintyre in the north, Northern Ireland to the west and the Isle of Man to the south.
- Portpatrick Dinvin is a pay-and-play course that only needs about one hour to complete and does not require advance booking.
- Stranraer Golf Club was the final course to be designed by James Braid and is situated on the shores of Loch Ryan with stunning views of not only Ailsa Craig, but even the Isle of Arran.
- Wigtownshire Golf Club is a popular 18-hole holiday golf course in the region, situated on the shores of Luce Bay.
- St Medans Golf Club is another 9-hole course on the shores of Luce Bay.
- Green Valley Golf Academy near Castle Kennedy is home to a 6-hole course, a driving range and a recently installed Footgolf facility. The 6-hole course is a pay-and-play facility that doesn't require prior booking.
See VisitScotland for more information on golf in Dumfries and Galloway.
Please ring 01776 810255 to check availability or email us.
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Please note that Braefield House is a no-smoking property.