Braefield House Portpatrick is an imposing 7-bedroom detached Victorian holiday property. It is set in just under an acre of well maintained gardens in an elevated position overlooking one of south-west Scotland’s most picturesque harbour villages with spectacular sea views.
Able to sleep up to 15 people, Braefield offers holiday-makers to this stunning corner of Scotland the perfect base to explore everything that Portpatrick, Stranraer and the Rhins of Galloway have to offer.
The self-catering accommodation at Braefield House Portpatrick comprises of one family room, three double rooms, two twin rooms and one single room, most of which can be transformed into family rooms. Five of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
Braefield House is a spacious house full of character and furnished to a high standard, with a fully equipped contemporary kitchen.
The letting accommodation is arranged over two levels. The ground floor consists of a traditionally furnished living room with comfortable leather seating, the well-equipped kitchen and dining area which benefit from an open-plan design and a double bedroom with en-suite shower.
The upper floor of Braefield houses the remaining six bedrooms, two doubles with en-suite shower and toilet facilities, a family bedroom, 2 twin bedrooms, one of which has en-suite facilities, a single bedroom and a large bathroom with corner bath and shower attachment.
There is a total of seven bathrooms in the house and for children, a travel cot and high chair are available. Braefield House is also pet friendly and guests are welcome to bring a maximum of two dogs for which there will be a small charge.
The oil central heating is included during spring and summer, with a £35 per week charge during October to March. Electricity, gas, bed linen and towels are included. There is a total of nine satellite TVs throughout the house while a DVD player and CD player are provided for guests' enjoyment.
The kitchen is equipped with the following:
- gas range
- electric oven
- combi microwave/oven/grill
- washing machine
- tumble dryer
The large lawned garden has a sitting-out area and garden furniture to allow guests to benefit from the beautiful views and the peaceful surroundings.
Some of Braefield House's bedrooms enjoy spectacular sea views and overlook Portpatrick village and harbour.
Please note that Braefield House is a no-smoking property. Ring us on 01776 810255 to check availability or email us.
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Guests' reviews of Braefield House, Portpatrick
- "It was a really beautiful location and the house was very comfortable, very friendly locals and the owners were very accommodating." (from Reevoo)
- "As a family of 11, we feel at home here and this was our third year. I have already booked for 2017." (from Reevoo)
10.0 / 10 - October 2016 - Margaret of Lincolnshire
10.0 / 10 - August 2015 - Anne of Bury St Edmonds
9.0 / 10 - February 2016 - Evelyn of Dundonald, Ayrshire
- "Had a wonderful stay. there was lots of room for the grandchildren to run around, as there were 6 of them. It was great to be able to have room for all the family at once. Everyone enjoyed their stay and we were all comforatable with our rooms." (from Reevoo)
9.0 / 10 - September 2015 - James of Glasgow
- "The house was great and was ideal for 14 people. Plenty of room for everyone and a very well equipped kitchen / dining room. Situation gave terrific views over the town. All in all, a great weekend." (from Reevoo)
- “Just spent a week at Braefield and what a joy. It is an old house with fabulous character, although the kitchen is very modern and well-equipped. There were 12 of us and what a wonderful time we had. The views are spectacular.”